Wednesday, February 27, 2013

TTA surgery 12 weeks

Phew! What a busy week it's been. We had an awesome visit with our regular vet. She worked on Holly's back and sacrum, and she was in great shape...her Sacrum showed practically no pain! She loved her acupuncture, falling asleep again.



And then there was more driving...fortunately the views are always amazing.

And then there was more waiting for appointments...
We had a great appointment with the surgeon and he gave me the news I was hoping for...her x-rays showed that the knee is finally healed. Whoop! We also took more x-rays of her spine to look for more spondylosis, and of course we found it in 2 more places. So we go into management mode for that and continue to work on increasing her core strength...that is what will keep her comfortable for the longest amount of time. Fortunately for Holly, she's quite the athlete, so exercise is what she relishes.

Had yet another great visit with the PT next. She went over Holly's entire body and the only places she found Holly was sore was in her shoulders and in her left gluteal muscles. But it appears she's just tight and overworked in those places from all the weeks she's spent compensating and shifting her weight there. I'll continue with massage and work harder in those areas for the next month.

In all, Holly's healed. At this point forward I continue to work at increasing her strength, balance and fitness...but still slowly, since she can always hurt herself in another way since she's so out of shape.

I also enjoyed an awesome visit from my best friend, whom I haven't seen in over 2 years! She pulled off an amazing feat of travel and was able to visit for 4 days. We had a great time hanging out and catching up. She had never met Holly or Kettle before, and we cried together that she did not get to visit with Casey one more time. She knew Casey from day one...she was my roommate in college when Casey showed up on my doorstep one day. We also celebrated her upcoming birthday...and oh my, these cupcakes were good!

And I have one more piece of news...my house is about to get fuller by one more. But we'll save that post for later ;)

1 comment:

Muttsandaklutz said...

Holy amazing views for sure!! I live in the wrong part of the world... we have too many trees that just block the view!

Good to hear about Holly's good news. Wondering about this +1 business... :-)