Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Fun Times in 2015. No really, there were some!

While sometimes it feels like it, especially when paying her continuous vet bills, 2015 wasn't always about Holly's cancer. Tonight I took a look back at all the photos of us enjoying life, and it looks like we had some really fun times. Sure, sure...much of the early part of the year was surgery, recovery from surgery, radiation treatment, and then recovery from radiation. And I took a ride on many many emotional roller coasters. But throughout I also met some pretty wonderful people. I met Mary and her horse while Holly and I were living dual lives at WSU. I met Lara who's lovely dog Rudy ended up with the same cancer as Holly. I met Joyce who was looking for help in navigating the WSU waters after her own dogs cancer diagnosis. I met Kari who runs a foundation that raises money for canine cancer research.

And in between, we hiked, we rambled through the woods, I worked, my family visited, work kicked my butt, I went on 2 vacations...and now that we are at the end of 2015, I'm realizing that this year wasn't that bad of a year after all. I decided to pick just one photo from each month that represented the fun we had this year. Here's hoping 2016 will be even better.

JANUARY
We love snow!






















FEBRUARY
Holly and I spent A LOT of time driving this month



















MARCH
Life pretty much revolved around Holly in March



















APRIL
"Snacking" on something gross on a hike
























MAY
We spent tons of time running around the woods this spring



















JUNE
Pinkie and The Brain about to get into trouble on a hike
























JULY
Trip to the Beartooth Mountains
























AUGUST
Such a wonderful pair of hiking buddies
























SEPTEMBER
Autumn was busy, smokey and hot...but still oh so beautiful



















OCTOBER
Our other hiking buddies...Jubilee and Raj


















NOVEMBER
Back to hiking in the fabulous snow



















DECEMBER
At home...see, we aren't always out hiking ;)

1 comment:

KB said...

Happy New Year! I'm so happy that Holly continues to have a fabulous time enjoying the outdoors with you!!!