Thursday, August 30, 2018

Becoming a Tripod

This post is for me. A marker. A milestone. The beginning of the end. On Monday we discovered that Holly has cancer again, likely radiation induced osteosarcoma but possibly myxosarcoma again. Either way, her front leg bone is degrading, fractured, and causing her pain. It will never heal. On Friday, Holly joins the world of tripod dogs. If it's myxosarcoma, this will be a curative treatment. If its osteosarcoma, it will be palliative. I hope for the former.

4 comments:

Dom said...

Fingers crossed that it is curative. I'm so sorry either way <3 I'm sure Holly will be bounding around on three legs, happy as a clam, in no time. Dogs are amazing like that. Sending you all lots of love.

KB said...

I'm sure that you've already found it but tripawds.com is a wonderful community that will share all sorts of common sense advice about amputation, the recovery, and life as a tripawd. I discovered them when my dog, K, had osteosarcoma.

I hope with all of my heart that it is curative.

Kim said...

Thanks Dom! It wasn't currative, but the immediate pain of that broken leg is gone at least. She is doing great on 3 legs already :)

Kim said...

They ARE a wonderful community, arent they?! I found them years ago for help with my sisters tripod dog. I remember K <3 Thank you for the support!